In my humble opinion (keep in mind, I am but a mere laywoman), carrot cake should be eaten for breakfast.
That and chocolate cake and cheesecake … and cake in general.
But I digress. This post is about these DELICIOUS GINGERY CARROT CAKE PANCAKES.
These pancakes taste like carrot cake but with more ginger. LOTS of ginger. If you’re not into ginger, you can tone it down a bit, but I highly recommend keeping the ginger level.
Some of you may be unaware of this, so I’m here to enlighten you: Ginger + carrots = gold.
So, you will literally be ingesting gold, which, of course, will increase the value of your internal organs.
All the medieval alchemists couldn’t even figure that one out, and I, but a mere laywoman, hath discovered it so quickly…
Again, I digress.
Enjoy these golden pancakes with some maple syrup, tofu scramble, tempeh bacon, sauteed greens, and all the other breakfast fixings!
Makes 4-6 Pancakes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 cup unsweetened plant based milk
3/4 cup grated carrot
1 inch ginger, grated
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
Oil for the pan
- Place a skillet on the stove and turn it to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the plant milk, carrot, and ginger.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and whisk again. Don’t over mix.
- Place a small dollop of oil on the skillet (I used about 1 teaspoon at a time and reapply in between pancakes). Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Before flipping, you will notice little bubbles on the raw dough side. That’s a sign that it’s ready to flip.
- Continue this process until you use up all the batter. Serve with maple syrup and extra cinnamon and whatever else your heart desires.
*I do not condone selling of internal organs, no matter how golden they may become.